History of the Tabernacle
Fifteenth Tabernacle Roanoke was constructed and built from 1972 – 1975, under the guidance of the late Elder James S. Perdue. The tabernacle was paid in full within those three (3) years with the help of Elder Perdue and a “faithful few” who worked at a bingo hall once a week during that time believing and trusting in God and the man of God.
Past Local Pastors of 15th Tabernacle Roanoke:
- Elder Frank Jeremiah Medley (1858 – 1931): Started the Church of God and Saints of Christ in Roanoke, VA in 1908
- Bishop T. C. Person ( April – August 1931):
- Evangelist Oscar A Brown (August 1931 – August 1946)
- Elder Sherman C. Perdue (August 1946 – February 1977) Ordained August 4, 1946 by Rabbi H. Z. Plummer
- Elder James S. Perdue (1980 – 1999) Orchestrated the construction and building of our current edifice
- Elder William Brown (1999 -2001)
- Elder William R. Billingsley (2001 – Present) Appointed by Rabbi Levi S. Plummer, G.F.A. and ordained by Rabbi Jehu A. Crowdy, Jr. G.F.A.